Monday, April 21, 2008

Why do I not have wonder?

There have been several occasions during teachings here where several of the members of my track have been absolutely amazed at some of the stuff we are being taught . . . like, freaking out about it . . . and while when I hear these things, my spirit cries "Yes!" . . . I don't have a "wonder"-ing, fearful to reaction to just about anything. I may get slightly excited about something, but that's about it . . .

I don't know . . . I know that we are supposed to have a "fear of the Lord" and all . . . and that God is so entirely beyond us that it should inspire me with wonder . . . but I seem to simply accept things quietly and try and act on them.

Am I missing something? I don't seem to have a lack of revelation in things, and the Holy Spirit has definitely been dealing with me about things . . . again, I don't know . . . {sigh}

Dad, if I'm missing something, please reveal it to me. . .
I want to know You completely . . .
But I don't want false emotions . . .
but I also don't want to close my emotions off to You.
Please give me more wisdom and revelation, Lord.
Complete what is lacking in my faith.
Thank you . . . I love You.
So be it.

2 comments:

taters and tots said...

It's interesting that you posted this question. I've been reading about the effect that further intimacy with God has on us. Sometimes, we have this idea that as we get to know God better, He will change us into someone different than who we are now. The author proposes that the truth is this: who we are is who He created us to be, and as we grow in intimacy with Him, that becomes more true (maybe more revealed?), not less. You are who you are. You don't have to freak out. God gets you and you get Him and that exchange is completely unique to you and Him and only you and Him. And it's good. Put that in your slow cooker. I'm still stewing on it too.

We still miss you, btw.

Anonymous said...

I am listed as anonymous, because I cannot think of our password...just wanted to say "hello" and hope things are well with you. I did a little reading of your blog and couldn't resist a post. You do have wonder or you wouldn't have signed up for this time in your life. It is still amazing how much time you get to spend in prayer. Here I am working on a laptop and stumbled across your blog in my bookmarks. God has BIG plans for you...in due time. So seek Him and He will reveal. Miss you. - Gary Vaughn