Thursday, April 3, 2008

At least they have something . . .

After the Burger King fiasco, I had almost lost hope.

God could not be here. (Please note the total sarcasm)

I didn't think it could get any worse . . .

And then they went out of there way . . .

AND TOTALLY REDEEMED THEMSELVES!!!

Today's Dinner item in the IHOP intern cafeteria:

Grilled Mahi mahi with pineapple salsa.

Oh, my goodness.

It hasn't tasted like that since I had it in California. It was refreshingly surprising on three levels: 1) Mahi mahi in a cafeteria . . . an intern cafeteria . . . where you expect sloppy joes on a regular basis
2) Mahi Mahi in Kansas City, MO. . . almost 1000 miles from the nearest ocean.
3) They knew how to cook it

All joking aside, the food here is, well, good. I haven't had a meal yet that I didn't almost thoroughly enjoy. And I've probably eaten more vegetables in the past week then the past 5 or 6 months. It's awesome.

Dad, thank You for Your grace
especially in giving me good food to eat
when all i need is something for energy
but You make it taste awesome!
Thank you for allowing some good
small things that help keep my spirits up.
You rock.
So be it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great! Now What? I spent $6.55 to have that Texas Double Whopper sent Next Day Air and you go crazy over fish. That's it I am calling the FeD-Ex guy and having him bring it to my house.

God is so good. You wanted to have a healther lifestyle and you are getting it.

PJ

Anonymous said...

Mmmmmm... mahi mahi and pineapple. Who would have thought, right? God is faithful to bless the little things, too. Yay God!