Wednesday, April 2, 2008

An Utter Travesty . . .

So, I'm goin' to go get dinner at Burger King, right . . . because I'm thinking about that delightfully calorie-laden monstrosity of tastefulness that is the Texas Double Whopper. You know what I'm talkin' about . . . the two flame-broiled patties, the veggies, the cheese, the bacon, and the perfectly spicy jalepenos . . . my mouth is watering right now.

So I get the Burger King, right? And I pull up to the drive through.

No
Texas
Double
Whopper

OK, so I'm breathin' hard, trying to get a grip on reality . . . and it occurs to me, "OK, you're not in Texas, so that makes sense . . . but you should be able to add things to your burger." I mean, it is the "have it your way" Burger King place, am I right?

So, I order the double whopper with cheese, and add jalapenos, and the response comes back . . .

"Sir, we don't have jalapenos here."

{insert stunned silence here}

What?!

Are You Kidding me?

Toto, I don't think I'm in Texas anymore.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Schmitty,
Don't worry! The students are going to Next-Day Air you a burger!
They will even throw in one of those dessert pie things that are like a year old served nice and frozen.
PJ

Anonymous said...

If you can't find that, I highly recommend the sirloin burger at Jack in the Box...I got addicted to those while I was in Ft. Worth not too long ago.

By the way, enjoying your blog, and I'm praying for you. :)

Mitch
("LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL)