Friday, April 25, 2008

Tonight was good / a strange phenomemon

It was nice to play again, I haven't or a few weeks. I played the 4AM to 6AM set, and I got to play with a pro . . . the guy who toured with the Katinas. I also found out he recorded on Crowder's "Sunsets and Sushi" album on the remix of "Deliver Me" and on the 10th anniversary of DC Talk's Jesus Freak on the song "What if I stumble". Yeah, he's good. So it was fun . . . and nerve-racking to keep up with the band, since Stuart was on bass again. Yeah. Humbling. But fun.

And I've been able to talk out some of my issues with some of the people here . . . so it's cool. I'm feelin' a little better about stuff. . . not so discouraged . . . I'm sure that will change in a few days . . . and then again . . . and then again . . . about oh, 60 more times.

Also, I've noticed another strange phenomenon that my brain is doing . . . I'm getting 2 days out of every one.

Let me explain . . .

It feels like my day from waking up 'til the prayer room is one day, and the prayer room 'til sleep feels like another. It's bizarre. I get a new day every time I wake up, and then when I walk into the prayer room at midnight.

Weird, I know.

Oh well.

Dad, thank You for strange sleep schedule coping mechanisms.
and brief moments of being excited about You.
Help me to continue pressing into You.
Thank You for Your faithfulness even when
I don't feel You.
I love You.
So be it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just a note to tell you how very much I have enjoyed reading your blog. You make me laugh and your comments have seemed to be so me sometimes!!! I also feel joy to hear your growth through your experience there. Know that you are in our prayers daily. Lynn always ask what you have written. My back surgery has been postponed until late July or August. It will be in God's time and I'm good with that. Soak all this in and know we love you and look forward to what God has in store for you!!! God Bless -- Nedra Dill