Monday, May 5, 2008

3 hours with Stuart Greeves

Only a few of you will recognize his name, but this man blows my mind every time he talks.

He's the Director of the Nightwatch here (12am-6am), and he's got a knowledge of scripture that constantly amazes me.

We typically have "Connection Time" for an hour every Sunday night . . . we had it for three hours tonight. 

Whew.

I'm beat.

As usual, he blew my mind. On several issues. With scriptural backdrop.

1) The importance of a correct end-time view as taught by Jesus and the apostles.
2) How very ridiculous and ungodly self-expression is (specifically related to art and music)
3) As far as weird spiritual manifestations (slayings in the spirit, etc)
a) They are real
b) Everyone reacts differently to the Spirit - it is controllable (the spirit of the prophet is subject to the prophet)
c) Basically it's a bodily response to the Spirit - much like electricity
4) Evil is essentially pride - it is saying my idea of things is better than God's
a) sub note - immorality is the desire to worship the creature rather than the creator

whew.

Dad, help me to sleep. This stuff is boggling my mind.
Help me to be faithful with the revelation that You have been giving me.
Lead me, Lord, and I will follow.
Thank You so much for everything You have lead me through already.
I love You.
So be it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have had people tell me about these things, and in fact I was in a service once several years ago where peope were getting gold fillings in their teeth. I never believed a word of it, but coming from you and knowing what little I do know about you, I can't help but believe it has to be real. I know there is so much "silliness" going on in churches today that it's hard to believe everything, but again coming from you!!!!!!
Be blessed Kris and know you are missed.....Dodie