Friday, March 28, 2008

Quick One

Well, one of the things ran really long, so I'll have to make this quick . . .

Yesterday was interesting . . . and slightly discouraging, but not too bad.

There was on incidident in particular where we were praying for someone's healing, and it was 1) obvious, and 2) I really kind of knew that he wasn't going to be healed by us. . . it was just a sore throat, so it wasn't life-threatening or debilitating or anything . . . but something I really just felt like I heard, as we all kept repeating the phrases "In the name of Jesus, heal his throat", etc. . . was that the reason we were repeating it wasn't so that we were just really trying hard to get him healed, but more as if to try and convince ourselves that it would actually happen.

Now, I know that God heals, that He has the power over everything . . . but in the moment . . . it's hard to convince me sometimes that He really wants to intervene in little things like that, or that He'll do it simply because I ask Him to.

Anyway, gotta run. Fun (or, not so) little tidbit.

No comments: