Saturday, March 22, 2008

Not quite, but getting there . . .

So I've made it out of Lubbock . . . at least I've gotten that far. It almost seemed like it wouldn't happen; there was so much to do. But, after postponing my leaving town for one day, I finally made it out of town, and I get to spend some time with my family.

It's still kind of surreal . . . it doesn't really feel like it's going to really happen. It's probably because I'm still in familiar territory. I've gone back to visit Mom before. Once I hit the road, and have to start using my Google maps directions printout, it will probably kick in.

It's funny, in the last few years, I've come to think of myself as someone who adapts well to change. I'm kind of noticing now that I can adapt well to change as long as it's within my general framework of life. As long as it doesn't mess with my overall paradigm of home, friends, and work. Well nevermind that idea.

{sigh} Oh well.

I guess I get to learn how to deal with this change too . . . or maybe I am dealing with it. Maybe my "denial" of it happening is the way God keeps everything from hitting me all at once.

Well, just a few more days and I have to be there. Yea. Happy.

P.S. I apologize to those who are expecting me to be excited about this . . . but it's really hard, actually . . . I'm really looking forward to it . . . I know God's going to do awesome things in my life . . . but I left behind a lot of "good". If I didn't love the people and places and ministry and whatever, it'd be much easier . . . but, well, I do love all those things I left behind . . . so, once again, I am bittersweet.

Time will tell, I suppose.

2 comments:

"Smurfy" Stevie Stallings said...

You are not Bittersweet! You are MEGA SWEET! Like the Godzilla of sweetness.

Unknown said...

Good to hear things are moving along and nothing bad has happened. You should eat at an Ihop before you go to IHOP. That would be cool. But seriously, I think you will really enjoy it there, especially if you want to enjoy it.