Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Pluggin' Along

It's strange, that little desire you have when you know something's almost over(2 weeks and 2 days 'til Lubbock) to just kind of skim along happily and coast. . . instead of actually pressing on 'til the end.

It's quite irritating, really, especially when you see it in yourself. It's one thing when you don't really realize it, but when you get convicted for starting to be lazy in prayer . . . yeah. Not cool.

So. . . while everything is dry right now, while I don't feel anything, while I am absolutely bored (although, it's not God that's boring, I am) . . . I still am trying to plug along . . . hoping that at some point it will feel refreshing, and not like a job.

Bleagh.

Dad, I love You.
Even when I can't feel it,
And everything seems so dull,
I will still follow after You.
Please give me the strength to keep on keepin' on.
I know You are drawing me to Yourself.
Please don't stop,
But, please, come and find me.
I want to be with You where You are.
I love You.
So be it.

No comments: