Sunday, September 28, 2008

It's been awhile

Because I realize how long it's been since I've made an update . . . (for those of you that read this. :) ) . . . I have decided to do two posts at once. The previous post is one I wrote for a little thing called the Paradigm Exchange (www.theparadigmexchange.com), something a good friend of mine started, and has asked me to write for. My story hasn't been posted yet (as of the date of this blog), but I pretty much assume that there will not be that much overlap between the readership of said two sites.

As for me, lots has been happening . . . as some of you will already have known, I have left Abundant Harvest Community Church in Brownfield, TX. This is a good thing. A God thing. They actually sent me off with prayer and a gift card to Guitar Center (the prayer being the obviously more important and meaningful than the card, although it in itself, is very much appreciated {grin}). It was not an easy decision to make, but one in which I believe God was leading me. It's hard to leave behind a place and a people you love to serve. But God is leading all of us from that body into a place of deeper trust, I think . . . and who am I to argue?

So . . . yeah . . . now I am jobless and churchless (so to speak . . . it's not exactly accurate but we'll go with it). Who's having to trust on God?

{raising hand and waving} ooo, ooo, I am! I am!

And is He ever faithful? He is indeed. I lack nothing. My freelance business is not exactly "booming", but I always have enough to get by. I've done several small jobs lately, and several more are on my plate.

Speakin' o' which, if you have any friends/family/neighbors/acquaintances/enemies that need Web sites, videos, audio recording, print design, etc. done. . . have 'em shoot me an email. (kris@filament-productions.com)

Musically speaking, I'm extremely proud and thankful to announce that we've finally finished my 4-song EP. After 3-5 years of some of these songs being concepts/demos . . . we have them in finished, studio-recorded (well, home-studio), production-filled form. It (the EP) sounds pretty much fantastic, and I would love for you (yes, YOU) to hear it. Unfortunately, it does actually cost me to produce CD's, so if you would like a CD in a sleeve, they are $5. Let me know, and I can shoot one your way. {cheese} I'm also selling them digitally on our myspace page (www.myspace.com/xhristosphoreoband  - right underneath the music player) for $.99 per song or $3.96 for the whole EP. Also, just for kicks, you should check out our main site (which really only links to our myspace) - www.xhristosphoreo.com. It's not for the faint of bandwidth, but it looks freakin' cool. And if anyone (hint, hint) wants to have my band come play at their church (or anything else for that matter), we would love to. And by "we", I mean, "at least me, and possibly one other person, but probably not a full band." It's very hard to find musicians that will work for free. {sigh}

Please pardon the previous two (or six, depending on how you look at it) shameless plugs in this blog.

I've also enjoyed playing this summer with the Dallas Stevens Band (www.dallasstevensband.com and www.myspace.com/dallasstevensband). I play keys with them, and have a rockin' good time. We've played quite a bit the past several months and have a few more gigs this year. I will also soon be joining the ranks of another friend's band, called Faces for Radio (www.myspace.com/facesforradiomusic) Self-deprecating title aside, it should be fun.

Let's see . . . what else . . . no girls, unfortunately . . . I'm not sure it's time yet. Of course, I actually have to talk to a girl to see. . . but that's another story.

I have a lunch "interview" with a pastor this week in Lubbock about possibly filling their Worship Leader position. We'll see if that's something God wants to work out or not. I'm not sold on it either way. I'm still trying to figure out where God wants me.

Ummm . . . yeah, that pretty much sums up my life right now. 

Dad, You are good!!
You honor those that trust in You.
Thank You so much for allowing the EP to be done.
I'm so excited and I just can't hide it
I'm about to lose control and I think I like it
I'm so excited and I just can't hide it
And I know I know I know I know I know I want You.
Sorry for the random song quote. . . but it fit.
Please lead me in the way of Your will.
Let me not get caught up in my own.
Thank You for Your leadership.
Thank You for Your provision.
You are so good!
I love You, Dad.
So be it.

3 comments:

Prayer Warrior said...

You are so awesome! I am so proud of you! You are learning a lot. Missions has been in my blood since my first mission trip in 1975. (I went with the South Plains Baptist Association in 1975, 1976, 1977, and 1980 to Mexico, as well as in 1982 to Recife, Brazil. Then I have gone with Church on the Rock,Lubbock to Guatemala in 1996, 1997, 1998, and 2002, my last mission trip.) I learned new things each trip, especially about prayer.
I definitely would like a copy of your CD. I will be praying about your interview to be a worship leader for the Lord to show you clearly what you are to do. Also, I am praying for your freelance work as well as your music ministry. I would love to see you more involved with your music, but I want what the Lord wants for you.
Love you! Karen

Harlan said...

It is officially posted now....

And although the readership may not overlap, I do thank you for the shameless plug for The Paradigm Exchange.

Traci said...

Dude, just checking up on you and wanted to give a shout out that I'm rather proud to have you as my friend.

That's all... I was gonna leave something on your myspace page too... but I'm the last person who commented there (over a month ago, but that's beside the point!), and I don't want anyone to think I'm stalking you or something!

When I come in town for the holidays I'll hunt you down and buy a CD! :)

Laterz.

~Traci